Hey, it’s Pastor Robbie.
I hope you’re excited about a great summer and maybe have a weekend getaway or family vacation planned. I love summer vacations – but you don’t have to do an elaborate trip to enjoy some time with your family and friends. I was searching for things to do with my family this summer and came across a ton of great articles and ideas. Here are five of my favorite ideas:
1. Family game night. Each person picks a classic board game and play as a family. You can print up funny certificates for the winners.
2. Around the World theme weeks. Each week, pick a country and learn a little about it. Put the flag on your fridge. Cook a meal that comes from that part of the world. Pray for a missionary there.
3. Disposable Camera project. In a world of iPhones and Instagram, you might be surprised they still sell these film cameras. But they do. Give one to each family member and give them an assignment. Develop in an hour and let everyone share during dinner on Sunday night.
4. Visit the library. Yep, the library. In addition to books and films, you might also enjoy storytime or some of their special activities.
5. Summer Movies. Regal Movies at Azalea Square will have $1 movies for kids during the entire summer.
P.S. We attached a bucket list of things to do over the summer. Be sure to check it out!